TROOP 87, BSA, CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS
Welcome To Troop 87's Home Page
Troop 87 is located in Corpus Christi, Tx and is sponsored by St. Philip the Apostle Catholic Church.
Scoutmaster Richard Luna
Asst. Scoutmaster Kurt Adams
Asst. Scoutmaster Chris Brehm
Asst. Scoutmaster Jay Winthrope
Asst. Scoutmaster Ruth Luna
Asst. Scoutmaster Srikanth Damaraju
Asst. Scoutmaster Mike Hess
Asst. Scoutmaster Steven Mongomery
Asst. Scoutmaster Minh Nguyen
Asst. Scoutmaster Ken Gonzales
Asst. Scoutmaster Jonathan Luna
Presently Troop 87 has 45 scouts that are on roster that meet weekly. The Troop scout leaders have scheduled campouts every six weeks to give the scouts an opportunity to complete their advancement requirements. Troop 87 strives to provide the best scouting program in the Gulf Breeze District of the South Texas Council.
The picture to the left represents only a fraction of the total number of scouts that are active in the troop.
There are 31 adult leaders that serve as committee members so the scouts will be able to have a quality scouting program.
YOU MIGHT BE A FORMER SCOUTMASTER IF.........
- you get phone calls from scout parents even though you are not active in scouts.
- once you retire from one job, the Council considers you for another.
- you wake up thinking that someone is outside your tent, but you are actually inside your home in bed.
- you go to the grocery store and expect a parent to be there waiting to ask you a question about their son, and the parent just passes you by.
- you open a drawer in your desk six months after you step down and find an application that has not been filled in and want to do something with it.
- you go fishing and see a young boy fiishing and walk over and ask him what all he needs to do to earn his fishing merit badge anbd find out he is not even a scout.
- get a phone call from a parent from another troop wanting to tranfer into your troop and end up talking for an hour and forget why the parent called.
- look through pictures from past campouts and relaize that some of these scouts now are in college and or married.
All Troop meetings begin at 7:00 PM and will end at 8:30 PM. The Scoutmaster and one of his assistants are normally at the Parish Hall around 6:30 PM to sit with the scouts and sign off on any requirements.
A typical troop 87 meeting consists of the following.
Opening Flag ceremony, led by the boys
Announcements, led by the SPL
Skills training, Taught by the scouts
Patrol meetings, led by patrol leaders
Presentation of Ranks
Closing Flag ceremony
WEBSITE UPDATED February 14, 2013
Contact the Council office at 361-814-4300 for information on Troops in the area.
Troop 87 is centrally located on the southside of Corpus Christi and would like for you to come by and visit us to see what scouting has to offer